Construction in-progress in Death Valley

Jeff Kallin, IPTAYCUAD.com

These are plans for the new renovations on Memorial Stadium.

Construction currently underway in Death Valley may present obstacles during the annual Spring Game, which will be held this Saturday, April 9 at 1:00 p.m.
The West stands and marked areas of the lower deck will be unavailable, and the East area around the Hill will be restricted. Additionally, fans will not be able to travel from the North and South stands without leaving the stadium.
“New sidewalks have been poured, and gates around Gate One are being reconfigured,” said Jeff Kallin, spokesperson for Clemson Athletics. “In the west Masters Club area, all demolition has been done.”
In the past few weeks, work has shifted to infrastructure and the steel structure for the new scoreboard has started to rise.It is expected to be completed before the Tigers take on Furman in the home opener this fall.
Parking lots will open at 8 a.m. with ADA parking available at the North Lot (C-7) and Centennial Lot (C-9). All other parking will be first-come, first- served.
Williamson Road will be closed from the Avenue of Champions to Palmetto Blvd.
Gates to the stadium open at 11:30 a.m. and admission is free. Fans will need to adhere to the clear bag policy, and enter primarily through gates one, five, nine and 13.
Athletics encourages the public to be aware of construction and allow for extra travel time and time to enter the stadium.