Robertson: Make the most of your time at Clemson

Katie Bradham // Video Editor
Clemson students gather around each other to discuss a project. 

Freshman year and getting acclimated to college go hand in hand. But take my advice — take risks and get involved as soon as you step on campus.
It’s advice that you’ll hear from University officials, family members and fellow students, and while it may be a bit cliche, there is a reason why people will pepper you with the idea of joining one of the 500-plus student organizations at Clemson.
I have been a part of multiple organizations through my three years at Clemson, and I couldn’t fathom what my college life would be like had I not branched out and found groups.
Joining The Tiger as a freshman in 2020, I didn’t quite know what to expect. But looking back, it was the best possible decision I could have ever made. Opportunities have opened up that I never would have anticipated. From traveling across the country to cover Clemson football games to conducting a one-on-one interview with the University’s chief of police to sharing laughs in the office, I’ve rarely had a dull moment with the newspaper. 
I’m also a member of Greek life, which has broadened my perspective on life and given me life-long friendships I would otherwise have never made. 
But beyond my personal involvement on campus, I have witnessed people’s lives change for the better because of campus involvement. The more outgoing you are and the more risks you take, the better chance you have of making the most out of your Clemson experience. 
You only have a handful of years as a Clemson student. Embrace it, enjoy it and get involved.
Justin Robertson is a senior sports communication major from Dayton, Maryland. Justin can be reached at [email protected].