Letter from your TimeOut Editor

Welcome home, Tigers!

I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach from my first time stepping on campus just two years ago, and I could not be more excited for you as you start your Clemson journey!

However far you’ve traveled to your home away from home, these hills have a special way of turning strangers into friends and friends into family.

When I came from my tiny town in Massachusetts, with a population less than half of Clemson’s undergraduate enrollment, I was nervous about feeling like a little fish in a big pond.

I joined The Tiger in the spring of my freshman year and found a spot in TimeOut, writing movie reviews. From the first meeting I sat in on, primarily spent discussing our predictions for season two of “Euphoria,” I knew I had found a community to feel supported by anda way to impact the Clemson community in my own small way.

Soon after joining, I began covering on-campus film events put on by the World Cinema program and other student film organizations. The newspaper became a way to connect with students in my major and recognize their work on a larger platform. The beauty of TimeOut is that we get to highlight campus life. So, our focus is your focus!

Every time you open a new copy of The Tiger, I hope you find something to smile about on pages nine and ten—maybe someday even find yourself!

We have the games!
— Sydney Olsen, Class of 2025