Tigers drop fifth straight against Louisville

Caitlyn Tai
The Clemson women’s basketball team meets with head coach Amanda Butler during its loss to Louisville.

The Clemson women’s basketball team faced No. 13 Louisville on Thursday night, looking to end its four-game slide, but ultimately, the Tigers fell 81-64 for their fifth consecutive loss. The loss was also the team’s fifth consecutive in conference play.

Clemson (8-10, 1-5 ACC) fell behind early, as the Cardinals went on an 11-2 run that spanned nearly four minutes in the middle part of the first quarter.

Louisville (16-2, 5-0 ACC) maintained its early momentum throughout the second quarter, leading the Tigers 47-32 at the half.
The Cardinals did not slow down to start the latter half, as they went on a 15-2 run in the third quarter that lasted over eight minutes.

Clemson looked to make a comeback in the fourth quarter, going on a 13-3 run in the opening five minutes, but it proved to be all too late for the Tigers.

Dayshanette Harris led Clemson in scoring with a season-high 25 points. The Tigers, as a whole, shot well from the free-throw line, shooting 68.4%. However, they shot just 41.8% from the field and 20% from the three-point line.

Clemson looks to get back on track Sunday as they face another conference opponent, the No. 14 Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, Virginia, at noon.