Clemson looks to extend winning streak against Miami

Toby Corriston
Clemson guard Ruby Whitehorn (22) attempts to dribble past a defender in Clemson’s win over Boston College at Littlejohn Coliseum on Feb. 1, 2024.

With momentum on its side, the Clemson women’s basketball team will face off against the Miami Hurricanes on Thursday night at the Watsco Center in Coral Gables, Florida.

The Tigers have had their best stretch of games as of late, securing victories in their last three consecutive games. On Thursday, they will play a Miami squad that is coming off a weekend loss to Florida State.

For the Tigers (11-12, 4-7 ACC), graduate Amari Robinson has led the charge, averaging 17.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. She’s a notable force to keep an eye on under the basket.

Robinson is not the only threat the Hurricanes need to worry about. Graduate guard Dayshanette Harris, who finished with a team-high 23 points and nine assists against Virginia, and Ruby Whitehorn, who averages 11.8 points per game, have both made significant offensive contributions to the Tigers’ winnings streak.

Alongside Harris and Whitehorn, Clemson guard Mackenzie Kramer has been a threat from deep, as she has the seventh most three-pointers made in the ACC. In the Tigers’ previous game against Virginia, with under two minutes left, Kramer hit threes on back-to-back possessions and finished the game with 13 points on 4-for-8 shooting.

Meanwhile, the Miami Hurricanes (14-7, 4-6 ACC) are looking to bounce back following their loss to the Seminoles. The Hurricanes will turn to Shayeann Day-Wilson, who is averaging 11.2 points, and Jasmyne Roberts, who is just behind at 11 points per game.

Sophomore guard Lemyah Hylton led Miami in its previous game, pouring in 15 points in the loss to the Seminoles. Although the Hurricanes’ last game ended in defeat, they will look to utilize these stars in an attempt to take down Clemson. ​

The Tigers and Hurricanes will top off at 6 p.m. on Thursday.