I can’t ‘Handel’s’ it: Review

Handel’s
The newest ice cream addition to downtown Clemson is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Clemson is becoming an ice cream town. In addition to the ’55 Exchange and Andee’s Spill the Beans, Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream just opened in the center of downtown Clemson.

Right when you walk in, you are greeted by the sweet-smelling aroma of waffle cones. In contrast to most ice cream parlors, at Handel’s, you will not see the gallery of ice cream tubs right in front of you. Instead, everything is homemade and placed behind the counter.

Immediately after walking in, I was overwhelmed by the wide variety of flavors and
options on the menu. This includes milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream “pops” and a unique
arrangement of over 45 flavors, which rotate every month.

I couldn’t pass up on the waffle cone, so I ordered one with the flavor “mud pie:” coffee ice cream with chocolate sauce and brownies inside.

If you’re a fan of coffee ice cream like me, this flavor will not disappoint. The sweet coffee and chocolate undertones create a delicious blend of indulgence.

The size “small” included nearly three scoops of ice cream, and, as a California resident, I
was shocked that it was only a little over five dollars. However, I will say that in a cone, the three scoops of ice cream did not hold well. It nearly fell on the floor, so I placed them in a bowl instead.

I also want to acknowledge the workers who handled the massive crowd with grace.
Everyone was extremely kind, and my sweet treat was ready promptly. Overall, I recommend Handel’s to satisfy your sweet tooth and offer it a high rating.

Address:
391 College Ave.
Clemson, SC 29631

Hours:
Sun-Wed: noon-11 p.m.
Thurs-Sat: noon-2:30 a.m.

Number: (864) 722-2154
Website: https://handelsicecream.com/store/clemson/