Best Hair Salon: Hair South

Emma Vick // News Editor

Hair South Inc. exterior on College Avenue. 

Right in the heart of downtown Clemson, Hair South strives to be not only a hair salon, but a community to its customers and staff to deliver the best hair care service possible.
Stop in if you’re taking a stroll of the downtown or Clemson area for a quick haircut or make an appointment to walk right into their convenient location.
Open for its 39th year in a row this year after being one of the first Downtown Clemson establishments according to Lia and Frank Julian, the owners, the salon specializes in haircuts, coloring and styling. Priding themselves on tradition, they strive to continue their reliability and consistency in service.
“I went to Hair South for a haircuts and highlights, and I had a great experience because of their accommodations and convenience,” said Julia Wilson, a sophomore chemistry major. “The staff was extremely friendly, and they have great products and are very easy to schedule appoints with and speak to. I will forever be a loyal customer when I’m in town, so I recommend to anyone who goes to Clemson or lives nearby.”
The boutique-style atmosphere of the interior is decorative and welcoming, with lots of space for customers to peruse hair products and sit back for a relaxed haircut or deluxe hair treatments. Their variety of options are endless to match their consultations on the best hair care for each individual’s needs.
“We are just extremely proud and humble to have been selected as the best in the area, and we proud ourselves on giving people the best service,” said Frank. “Our current staff and hairdressers are amazing, and most of them have been there for several years and have created a wonderful community that we couldn’t do it without.”
While on most days the salon is busy with customers of the Clemson community, walk-ins are welcome, or appointments can be easily made by calling Hair South with the number below.
Hours: 
Tuesday-Friday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday: Closed
Phone Number: 864-654-6555
Address: 358 College Ave, Clemson, SC 29631