Best Sandwich Shop: Groucho’s Deli

Groucho’s Deli, Clemson

Hot sub with melted Swiss from Groucho’s Deli, Clemson.

Clemson has spoken; there is no better place for a between-the-bread classic than Groucho’s Deli. 

No matter what you’re craving, Groucho’s has got you covered. Their menu consists of a plethora of options from hot or cold subs, power salads, loaded pitas, vegetarian options and more. 

Their most popular sandwiches are the STP Dipper and the Apollo Dipper. 

The STP is stacked high with a blend of roast beef, turkey and Swiss cheese, melted and complete with real bacon crumbs on a fat sub roll.

The Apollo is loaded with ham, turkey and Swiss cheese melted together and is also served on a fat sub roll. 
Both mouth-watering combos can be dipped in your choice of either Formula “45” or Danish Bleu.

“What separates Groucho’s, in my opinion, is our commitment to using quality meats, cheeses and breads for all of our menu items,” Jamie Mellon, the owner of Groucho’s Deli of Clemson, told The Tiger. “All of our sauces are made in house and all of our meats, cheeses and veggies are cut fresh daily.”

The deli first opened its doors in Columbia, South Carolina, in 1941 by Harold “Groucho” Miller and found a home in Clemson in 2010. 
“With many students coming from the Columbia area, where we were founded, to attend Clemson we thought this would be the perfect location. We were right,” Mellon said. “We’ve met tons of great customers and neighbors over the years. We can’t ask for a better customer base than what we have in Clemson.”

As an owner, Mellon’s go-to order is a bacon and turkey club on toasted country white bread with a side of honey mustard. 

If you haven’t already, make sure to add Groucho’s Deli to your Clemson foodie bucket list. 

Price: $ 

Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. daily.  

Address: 104 Fendley St., Clemson, South Carolina 29631 

Phone: 864-653-7764 

Website: https://www.grouchos.com/clemson/ 

Instagram: @grouchos_deli 

Facebook: GrouchosClemson 

Twitter: GrouchosClemson