Best Dining Hall: McAlister Dining Hall

Ashleigh Snyder // Contributor
The exterior of McAlister Dining Hall.

When it comes to choosing between dining halls, McAlister is a constant winner for students. 

Located in Core campus, McAlister Dining Hall has a diverse range of meals for every kind of craving. There are rotating options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with all-day staples such as the salad and sandwich bar.

Recently, the dining hall has updated its decoration and organization, adopting new names for each station. 

There is the Trattoria, with pasta and pizza; the Naked Food Station, which has gluten-free entrées and sides; and many students’ favorite, Umami, which provides sushi at lunchtime. The Main Ingredient and Under the Hood sections provide warm, homestyle meals such as honey mustard grilled chicken with a side of sweet potato fries.

Along with meals that change throughout the day, there are consistent stations like the Greens & Grains salad bar, Sweet Pickles deli and the Confectionary, which is sure to end the dining experience with a sweet treat. There are ice cream and make-your-own waffle stations and an assortment of cereals. Truly, McAlister’s has everything a hungry college student needs. 

Turning away from the eats, the drink options available are equally as impressive. 

There are three different drink stations stacked with soft drinks, water, lemonade and more. McAlister also includes an entire coffee bar to kickstart your mornings.

Inside renovations also extend to new turnstile entrances, where a student simply has to scan their meal swipe and the gate will open. 

Restaurants attached to the dining hall are also an attraction. There is a Starbucks, Raising Cane’s, Which Wich and Twisted Taco within reach!

McAlister’s is the top spot of dining halls for a reason. Whether it’s the multitude of food options or the prime location, it is sure to satisfy your palette. 

Location: 511 Fort Hill St., Clemson, South Carolina 29634

Hours:

Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m-9 p.m.

Friday: 7 a.m.-8 p.m.

Saturday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.

Sunday: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.

Phone: (864) 656-2120