Best Breakfast: SunnySide Cafe

Grace O’Donnell // Asst. Sports Editor
A hearty breakfast spread from SunnySide Cafe, featuring Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast, the Fried Green Tomato, Egg, Cheddar & Bacon Biscuit, a Pimento Cheese & Bacon Quesadilla, Biscuits & Sausage Gravy and of course cheese grits. 

As a college student, it’s difficult to imagine anything better than a steaming cup of coffee and a full plate of breakfast food after a long night out. The people have spoken, and the best place to enjoy this experience is SunnySide Cafe of Clemson. 

SunnySide is located at 101 Market Street in a quiet development called Patrick Square. The front of the cafe offers plenty of outdoor seating and plentiful parking spaces, which is handy as you can sometimes expect to wait about 30 minutes in your car before your table will be ready, thanks to the popularity of the location. The restaurant is also wheelchair-accessible. 

Crystal, the front-of-house manager, loves what she does. 

“I’ve been here for four years, and I love it,” she said. “Great food and great people come in to talk with every day!”

SunnySide emphasizes the importance of supporting local businesses, sourcing everything from their eggs to their grits from regional partners. This emphasis on supporting local producers is reflected in the freshness and quality of all their plates, spanning from breakfast dishes like pecan praline stuffed french toast to lunch dishes such as the smoked gouda pimento cheese melt and a kid’s menu for picky eaters.

For a chance to enjoy this homey, farmhouse chic atmosphere, it is recommended to call a day in advance for a reservation. 

Come visit the friendly staff and experience what it means to eat locally from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays or from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the weekend.