Best Place to Bring Your Parents: Evolve

Evolve // Courtesy
From facebook account @EvolveKandT, Nov. 22, 2021

Parents Weekend, mom wants to meet for lunch, dad came to help with move-out. Whatever the case may be, the question “where in Clemson am I going to take my parents?” is bound to pop into a college student’s head. Finding a place that will leave them without complaints can be difficult. No need to worry anymore, however, because Evolve Kitchen + Table has got you covered. 

Located in the heart of downtown, Evolve Kitchen + Table aims to provide creatively crafted food and cocktails, as well as a perfect spot to bring the family. Evolve is a perfect place to impress your parents. Charlotte Ackley, a sophomore history major, went with her mom while she was in town. When asked about what makes Evolve such a great spot, she said, “It gives a different vibe than the rest of downtown; it feels like a restaurant that would be in a big city.”

The majority of ingredients are provided by local farm producers, leaving you with a meal that is always fresh and tasty. They also have locally brewed beer and top-of-the-line cocktails for the different seasons.

While their menu is ever-changing to provide a range of tasty meals, some staple starters include their crispy brussel sprouts, fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese fritters. Their menu expands to include an array of salads, tacos, burgers, sandwiches and more.

The restaurant is also determined to lower its carbon footprint by minimizing its consumption of energy and water, as well as reduce landfill waste through compostable and recyclable to-go containers and napkins.

For more information on Evolve, check out their website evolvekandt.com or call them at 864-722-5132.

Address: 360 College Ave., Suite 200, Clemson, SC 29631

Hours of operation:

Tuesday-Saturday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.

Social Media: @evolvekandt on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook

$$