Clemson University rapper Mr. Cook to release first full-length album March 2

Senior materials science and engineering major and rapper Chandler Cook, aka Mr. Cook, will be releasing his first full-length album, “The Soup Du Jour,” this Thursday, March 2.
“The album covers a variety of styles and topics,” Mr. Cook said in an email to the Tiger. “I believe it will give my listeners a good idea of who I am and some of the things that I have experienced in my life.”
Mr. Cook has released five tracks from the 15-track album so far on SoundCloud (link below), including “Time Lock,” “Mixtapes & Masterpieces,” “BYOG,” “Resolutions” and “Cajun Chicken Wraps.” “Other than that,” Mr. Cook said, “all of the material will be new and previously unreleased.”
The album will be available to anyone, either online or as a hard-copy.
“It will be available for free on SoundCloud, and hopefully Spotify if there is enough interest,” said Mr. Cook. “I will also be printing a ton of CD hard copies that I will be distributing to anyone who is interested in buying one.”
Mr. Cook cited J. Cole and Outkast as his musical inspirations, saying some of the latter’s “funky southern style” is a part of his music.
Mr. Cook said that his biggest personal inspirations have been his dad and granddad.
“They always support me and inspire me to work hard, no matter what it is I decide to do,” he said.
Check out the link below to listen to Mr. Cook’s 16 tracks currently on SoundCloud, look out for the new album March 2 and pick up The Tiger in print or check back online next Monday, March 6 to see The Tiger’s interview with Mr. Cook!