Driver accused of hitting 3 Clemson students appears in court

The Clemson City Police Department is looking for a white male who was driving a Ford 150 that was involved in a hit-and-run on Sunday morning.
Courtesy of the Clemson City Police Department.

The man accused of hitting three Clemson students with his car and then driving off appeared in court Monday morning.
A judge set a $50,000 surety bond for John Wilson Thompson, 25, of Seneca, and ordered him not to have any contact with the victims.
“Everybody’s devastated about the situation and we’re certainly sorry,” Thompson’s attorney, Larry Brandt, said in court.
Officers responded to a hit-and-run on College Avenue, between Keith Street and Edgewood Avenue, around 2:15 a.m. Sunday morning. Police say three victims, all Clemson students, were struck be a dark colored Ford F-150 which fled the scene after the crash.
The three victims were taken to the hospital and two have since been released. The third victim remains in the hospital in critical condition, according to police.
The Clemson City Police Department was able to use street cameras to get a photo of the pickup truck and person of interest and posted them on their Facebook page. Police say Thompson turned himself in on Sunday after recognizing himself in the pictures posted on Facebook. They say that Thompson is not a Clemson student.
Thompson is charged with hit-and-run with bodily injury and two counts of hit-and-run with great bodily injury.
His next court date is set for June 15.