McDonald-Stewart, Schnorr-Reinert tickets advance to CUSG General Election

Photos courtesy of Hannah Ohlund and Meredith Wingate

(Left) Jaren Stewart and Killian McDonald and (Right) Samuel Reinert and Jessica Schnorr

The ballots have been counted, and after five campaigns began the CUSG election cycle, two campaigns have made it to the general election.
Killian McDonald and Jaren Stewart officially won the vote, garnering 28.57 percent. The Jessica Schnorr and Samuel Reinert ticket followed in second, just nine points behind, at 19.32 percent.
“We are extremely excited to have made it through the primary elections, but more than that, humbled that our vision and our ideas resonated well with Clemson students, Jessica Schnorr and Samuel Reinert said in a joint statement. “It’s not over yet, so we are looking forward to a strong week ahead before the general election with constant improvement within ourselves and our interactions with students. Additionally, we are both so very thankful to our team. This past month has been exceptionally crazy, but having a base of constancy, love, and support has been pivotal to our success and motivation. We took some time to refocus this weekend and believe more now than ever that we are a team that is ready to advocate in dedication and service to the Clemson Family. We are For You, For Legacy, For Clemson.”
The CUSG debate scheduled for Sunday night was cancelled Director of Elections Emma Schafer said in an email sent to all undergraduate students.
Look to The Tiger for more updates to come, including quotes from both campaigns.
Note: Both campaigns have been reached out to for comment.