Omicron Delta Kappa to recognize outstanding students, organizations

Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK), the National Leadership Honor Society, will be dispersing eight awards – four for individuals, four for organizations – to “recognize outstanding students and organizations in community service, academics and leadership,” said James Morris, faculty advisor of the Clemson circle of ODK in an email.
Clemson’s ODK circle will also host a banquet to recognize the recipients of these awards.
The following information is courtesy of the aforementioned email from Mr. Morris to ODK’s listserv:
“Please consider nominating a qualified organization or student for the following awards by e-mailing a brief paragraph (150 word maximum) explaining their credentials to Katelyn Ragland at [email protected] by March 7th:
Individual Awards:
ODK Service to Society – Omicron Delta Kappa’s mission is to serve society through leadership, academics, and service. We believe that by serving and helping others in their endeavors, Clemson and society as a whole will benefit. In an effort to encourage individuals to not only look at service as their civic duty but also as a reward, this award recognizes an individual who typifies the ODK philosophy.
Alma Bennett Leadership Award –This award recognizes and rewards and individual’s commitment to leadership both on campus and in the community.
Jerome V. Reel Award of Academic Excellence –This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated academic excellence in and/or out of the classroom – internships, teaching experiences, research, etc. are examples of important indications of academic excellence.
Clemson University Honor Society Member of the Year – This award is the highest award. It goes to a standout individual who is a member of any nationally acclaimed honor society and goes above and beyond in service, leadership and academics. He or she illustrates the paramount university student.
Group Awards:
John M. Kennedy Outstanding Service Award –This award will be given to an organization that has performed outstanding service–a single service project or the collective service efforts of all its members. The winner of this award will receive $500 to continue the pursuit of outstanding service efforts.
ODK President’s Leadership Award – Leadership is the gateway to excellence. The Omicron Delta Kappa President’s Leadership Award is to acknowledge an accredited honor society that presents the ideals of leadership through their collective achievements. The winner of this award will receive $500 to continue their promotion and display of archetypal leadership.
John C. Morse Award of Academic Excellence –This award will be presented to the organization that best demonstrates academic excellence. This may be shown by a high organization GPA, outstanding scholastic plan or in any other manner. The recipient will receive $500 to continue their pursuit of academic growth and achievement.
Clemson University Organization of the Year – This award is the highest award an organization can receive. It goes to the group that goes above and beyond in service, leadership and academics. The organization that holds this award is the model organization, which all others strive to parallel. The winner of this award will receive $1,000 to continue their pursuit of excellence.”