Clemson graduate dies in Australian plane crash

A Clemson University graduate was among four people on board a plane that crashed in Australia shortly after takeoff in Melbourne and left no survivors, officials said.
Local media reported that the five-passenger plane crashed just after 9 a.m. (Australian time) into a building near Melbourne’s Essenden airport on Tuesday.
The HeraldSun.com in Australia reported Glenn Garland was one of the people on the plane.
According to his Facebook page, he graduated from Clemson University and studied marketing management. His LinkedIn account stated he studied at Clemson from 1981 to 1984.
Garland is from Austin, Texas. He retired in 2015 as the CEO of CLEAResult, an energy consulting company.
“Glenn Garland was more than a colleague to me, he was a visionary and a close friend. I am devastated to hear of his passing and my heart and thoughts are with his family. We have all lost an incredible man. I am blessed to have known and worked closely with Glenn for many years,” CLEAResult Co-Founder and Board Member Jim Stimmel said in a statement.
The U.S. Embassy in Canberra confirmed that four victims were U.S. citizens. Greg Reynolds De Haven and Russell Munsch, both from Texas, have been identified by their families on social media as two of the victims.
Police Assistant Commissioner Stephen Leane said no one outside the plane was injured.