Top five Clemson freebies

Ah College. A time in our lives filled with new opportunities and more responsibilities. While having the new-found freedom to order a pizza any time you want, this can be a blessing and a curse. In a time where our book bags are full and our wallets empty, the college student needs to find the cheapest and most frugal methods to enjoy activities on campus. Luckily, we have compiled a list of Clemson’s best free activities on campus opportunities for those that are balling on a budget.
1. Cookie night/break
Quite possibly the best deal you can find on campus, Cookie break is a time honored hidden treasure on campus.
Depending on the year, every Tuesday and Thursday simply head over to Schilletter Dining Hall at 9:30pm and have open access to almost unlimited cookies and milk. Sit with your friends, munch on those blessings sent from heaven, and enjoy in the knowledge that you are doing this for free.
That’s right. Cookie break is completely free and open to all students. You don’t even need to swipe in. While it has yet to start this year, keep an eye out in Schilletter for news on cookie night because it is coming soon.
2. Lee Art Gallery
The perfect place for the art lovers on campus. The Lee art gallery showcases student artwork and creations in Lee Hall. What makes this pick so cool is that it’s also 100 percent free, super fun and easy to do. Not only is it the perfect date idea, but it also helps support a fellow student’s’ artwork and talent. So, go and check it out today and get your art on.
3. The Barnes Center
We have all gotten countless emails from the Barnes Center and Clemson U-Nites and promptly deleted them without even a look. Yet this happens to be a very underrated and overlooked free opportunity on campus that happens every week.
If you’re bored and want to mix things up, the Barnes Center is always holding some cool, unique event at least once a week. Whether it be karaoke, an escape room, trivia or even sand art, you’ll never be bored at these events. Simply check out your email and enjoy a free evening of fun while on campus.
4. Y Beach
While this is not technically “on” campus, Y beach is one of the best options for those trying to save a penny.
Want to take a dip in the lake? Want to play a game of sand volleyball, paddleboard or even kayak on the water? Y beach offers all of these amazing activities for free to any student. Simply drive on over to Y beach and enjoy! Bask in some rays and relax in knowing you are doing all of these cool things for free.
5. Tigerflix
If you have yet to use the blessing that is Tigerflix, feel free to put down the paper now and go and watch and enjoy.
Tigerflix is a completely free streaming website like Netflix for any Clemson student on campus and is the perfect option for a night in. Regularly updated, Tigerflix allows a student to watch new movies with their friends. Simply search Tigerflix and watch amazing movies like Wonder Woman and The Lego Batman Movie and so much more. Who needs to pay for Netflix when you have your very own free version at your fingers? Go and watch now!