Clemson rolls over Kent State, Bryant and Fuller shine

The National Champion Clemson Tigers left no doubt as they crushed the Kent State Golden Flashes 56-3. It was all orange in the first half as Clemson scored 21 points in the first quarter and another seven points in the second quarter to put the game away early. 
CJ Fuller rushed for his first touchdown since 2015, although he has had a few receiving touchdowns since then, to give the Tigers an early seven point lead. 
Clemson didn’t give Kent State a break and scored a 61-yard touchdown on the very next drive. Kelly Bryant lofted a pass high in the air that dropped into wide receiver Deon Cain’s awaiting hands. 
Kent State wasn’t doing themselves any favors either as multiple penalties pushed them further back on offense or gave way to Clemson first downs on defense. 
The Golden Flashes jumped on the board after a few good runs and a penalty by the Clemson defense for a late hit out of bounds.
Kelly Bryant broke away for a near-touchdown run in the second quarter, but stepped out of bounds at the nine yard line. After Clemson committed pass interference, Kent State returned the favor and put Clemson at the seven. Bryant’s pass toward the end zone was tipped and intercepted, but did not capitalize on the turnover. 
Clemson scored just before the end of the first half on a quarterback keeper by Kelly Bryant to go up 28-3. 
Kent State received the ball to start the first half and attempted their first and second passes of the game. They only gained one yard on the two attempts and punted shortly thereafter .
Zerrick Cooper and most of the second-stringers substituted for the starters halfway through the third quarter and immediately scored another touchdown. Tavien Feaster broke through a hole and took it to the house for 47 yards. 
Zerrick Cooper completed his first touchdown pass just before the end of the third quarter to Cornell Powell. 
Kelly Bryant finished the game 16-22, 236 yards, one touchdown and one interception. 
Hunter Johnson saw some time on the field halfway through the fourth quarter, but he only completed four passes for 35 yards. 
Freshman running back Travis Etienne finished the game leading in rushing yards. He rushed eight times for 81 yards and his first touchdown. 
Next week Clemson will host Auburn in a continuation of the home-home series that started last year in Auburn. Auburn’s defense has lost some starters from last year, but are still expected to be fierce on that side of the ball. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 PM on ESPN.