Fourth quarter explosion fuels Tigers’ win

This was pretty much the worst played game of the year for the Tigers. The 34-7 final score makes it look like Clemson was in control, but they had massive trouble moving the ball for three and a half quarters of play.
Boston College is not known for their offense, so it wasn’t a stretch to see the defense keep them from going anywhere, but it was disconcerting watching the offense sputter as much as it did. 
Turnovers looked like they would be a problem, too, for Clemson after Bryant threw a pick in the middle of the first quarter. As he attempted to pass deep, the offensive line was pushed into him and affected the trajectory. The ball sailed high, and well short, of the intended target, falling into the waiting arms of the Eagles’ defense. 
A little later, Kelly Bryant fumbled the football on a quarterback keeper. The ball popped up into the air and fell towards the sideline. Left guard Taylor Hearn picked up the football and ran as fast as he could to the first down marker. He made it 15 yards before being tackled. 
The momentum turned into an 11-yard touchdown run by Bryant with 7:16 left in the second quarter.
Boston College’s punter, senior Mike Knoll, actually made life hard for Clemson. He pinned them within the 10-yard line on two of his first three kicks. Clemson had to travel 94 yards to score their first touchdown. 
Near the end of the first half, as Boston College was driving, Trayvon Mullen picked off Eagles’ quarterback Anthony Brown. Nothing came of the interception other than keeping Boston College at zero before the half. 
Clemson received the ball after halftime and promptly turned it over again. Bryant threw to Hunter Renfrow, but the ball slipped through Renfrow’s hands and perfectly landed in the covering safety’s hands. The Eagles marched down the field and scored a touchdown to tie it up at seven. 
The Tigers responded by driving all the way down the field again and scoring. Adam Choice powered his way through the Eagles’ defensive line for the 6-yard score.
After yet another defensive stop, Travis Etienne put the Tigers up by two scores with a 50-yard touchdown run to give Dabo Swinney and Co. some breathing room with a 21-7 lead. 
The Tigers didn’t take their foot off the gas, either. Ray-Ray McCloud returned the next punt back to Boston College’s 24-yard line. The Tiger’s offense picked up the pace and Kelly Bryant rushed for another touchdown going up 28-7 to seal the deal.
Travis Etienne was the fourth quarter catalyst and deserves to get some more carries in the future. He rushed nine times for 113 yards and two touchdowns.
The final score was not indicative of the way Clemson played. Defense once again carried the team, but they can’t rely on them nearly as much next week against a potent Virginia Tech offense.