Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor to visit Clemson next month

Courtesy of The Collection of the Supreme Court of the United States.

Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will visit Clemson University next month for a moderated question-and-answer session, the university announced on Friday.
The event will take place in the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 14.
The event is free and open to the public, but reserved tickets are required.
Clemson students will be able to reserve their tickets beginning Friday, Aug. 25. Students must present a valid Clemson student I.D. at the Brooks Center box office to reserve a ticket and are limited to one ticket each.
Clemson faculty and staff and the general public will be able to reserve up to two tickets online or at the box office beginning Wednesday, Aug. 30. Event organizers are encouraging anyone who orders tickets online to pick them up from the box office by Sept. 13 as they anticipate a large crowd on the day of the event.
The box office is open to purchase tickets from 1-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. On the day of Sotomayor’s visit, they will be open at 9 a.m., where the line in will be formed.
Sotomayor’s visit is sponsored by the President’s Forum on Inclusive Excellence in partnership with the Humanities Advancement Board of the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities.
“We welcome Justice Sotomayor to Clemson,” Dean of the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities Richard Goodstein said in a statement. “She is a remarkable public servant and an exemplary role model. I am thrilled that our students will have this opportunity.”
Sotomayor was appointed to the Supreme Court by President Barack Obama in 2009.
​For more information on this event, go to http://tinyurl.com/y95antkf.