Road work in Clemson to begin this week

Courtesy of the city of Clemson.

Road work is planned for U.S. 123 (Tiger Blvd) starting this week.

Several Clemson roadways will be resurfaced this month, according to a news release from the city of Clemson.
Officials with the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) will begin a patching, milling and resurfacing project in the Clemson area this week.

Work will start Wednesday, Aug. 2 on U.S. 123 (Tiger Blvd) between U.S. 76 (Anderson Highway) and Forest Lane.

City officials say the work will be done during the day, and there will be lane closures and possible traffic delays.

“Please plan accordingly if you have to be in that area. Use alternate routes where available, and turn up your tolerance meter when they are not,” the news release stated.

Once that work is finished, SCDOT will move over to U.S. 76 (Anderson Highway) between Perimeter Road and the Pickens County line.

City officials say the work is planned for nighttime and may affect traffic in the area between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. 

There will be no lane closures during special events (such as Clemson home football games), according to the news release.

In addition, Earle and Fendley Streets will be repaved beginning on Thursday, Aug. 3, weather permitting.

City officials say Earle Street will be closed from “All in Coffee” towards Foy Creek Drive. McCollum Street will become a two-way road with traffic control until the project is finished. 

The work is expected to be completed by Thursday, Aug. 10, weather permitting. 

City officials are asking everyone “to please exercise patience and due regard if you visit this small area of the city during the project.”

Nu Kappa Street will also be closed beginning Wednesday, Aug. 2, according to Clemson University Facilities. Officials say it will be closed permanently as they work to realign Sherman Street and make a safer intersection.

For more information, follow the Clemson City Police Department on Facebook @ClemsonCityPoliceDepartment or on Twitter @ClemsonCityPD.