Clemson’s men’s basketball emerges victorious against Pittsburgh

The Tigers have broken their dreaded six-game ACC losing streak in a highly defensive 67-60 win over the Pittsburgh Panthers – who are, interestingly enough, now on a six-game ACC losing streak of their own. Once again, the Tigers were led by forward Jaron Blossomgame on the scoreboard with 25 points; he also led the game in field goal completion, making 10/14 (71.4 percent). Pitt’s high-scorers, Jamel Artis and Cameron Johnson, each made 16 points.
The Tigers’ offense and defense, while much improved compared to past games, was still very much put to the test. Clemson held the lead for the first nine minutes, but the lead was turned over multiple times, and the Panthers led the game 36-31 at the end of the first half. But the Tigers started off the second half with 12 unanswered points and kept the lead for the rest of the game.
The Tigers made 27/52 field goals (51.9 percent) compared to the Panthers’ 18/55 (32.7 percent), but they did fall short on their free throws, making only 7/11 (63.6 percent) to Pitt’s 16/20 (80.0 percent). 
With the momentum of a comeback on their side, the Tigers, now 12-8 overall and 2-6 in the ACC,  should be more than ready to give their all against Georgia Tech, 13-8 overall and 5-4 in the ACC, at Littlejohn Coliseum this Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Check out some highlights from the game below: