Clemson national championship license plates now available from DMV

License+plate
Courtesy of Clemson Athletics
License plate

Clemson football fans can now purchase a license plate celebrating the team’s 2016 National Championship title.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) unveiled the license plate on Tuesday. It’ll cost $70, plus the vehicle’s registration fee every two years.
“We’re thankful to the South Carolina legislature, Senators Thomas Alexander and Harvey Peeler, and Governor [Henry] McMaster for this great acknowledgement of our football team’s achievement,” Clemson Director of Athletics Dan Radakovich said.
Fans can purchase the plate online through the DMV or by submitting an Application for a Special Plate (SCDMV Form MV-95) and mailing it to SCDMV Special Plates, P.O. Box 1498 Blythewood, S.C., 29016-0008. Orders for the plate will also be accepted at any SCDMV branch.
“The state’s universities have had a phenomenal year on the national sports stage,” SCDMV Executive Director Kevin Shwedo said. “This agency is thrilled to play even the smallest part in celebrating and congratulating Clemson for its January victory.”
For more information, call the SCDMV’s Contact Center at 803-896-5000.