Hall leads Tigers past Georgia Southwestern

Kim Montuoro, Contributor

Head coach Brad Brownell and the Clemson Tigers defeated Georgia Southwestern on Nov. 1, 2021 in an exhibition game.

In Clemson men’s basketball’s lone exhibition game before the regular season, the sophomore center PJ Hall led the in a 77-51 victory over Georgia Southwestern on Tuesday night.
From the start, Hall seemed to dominate the game in every fashion. He opened the game scoring the Tigers’ first six points, the last two of which were scored on an emphatic dunk in transition.
He would exit shortly after that dunk and Clemson would lead the Hurricanes 11-10 with 11:52 remaining in the first half.
However, Hall’s scoring would not stop there, as he continued to hit mid-range jumpers, layups and added a three-pointer as well. After hitting a mid-range jumper on the left baseline with two seconds remaining in the half, the Tigers went into the break with a 36-25 lead.
His second half playing time was limited, but he added another two points in the second half to give him a game-high 23 points.
“It was awesome, guys on the floor really had open shots for me,” Hall said after the game.
Hall added that he wants to get better at ball handling and perform better defensively in the low post than he did on Monday night.
Meanwhile, Head Coach Brad Brownell was impressed with the team and Hall’s performance as well.
“Pretty good performance. A few too many turnovers. I like the way we guarded for the most part,” said Brownell after the game.
“Certainly PJ was outstanding in the first half, and we made a conservative effort to get him the ball. 
Brownell, although pleased with Hall, acknowledged there is work to be done with the team and its consistency.
Also contributing in Clemson’s victory was freshman forward Ian Schieffelin, who finished the game with 13 points on 6-7 shooting. Although only playing in an exhibition game, Schieffelin will look to continue his performance from Monday night and fill the shoes of former Clemson forward Aamir Simms.
The Tigers will tip-off their regular season on Tuesday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. against Presbyterian. The opening game will be played in Littlejohn Coliseum in what should be a much more packed crowd than last season’s games.