New football coordinators officially named along with other coaching changes

Katie Bradhman, Asst. Photo Editor

Clemson Football head coach Dabo Swinney walks off of the field after defeating Boston College on Oct. 2, 2021.

Clemson University’s Compensation Committee approved Brandon Streeter as Clemson’s new offensive coordinator and quarterback coach and Wes Goodwin as the new defensive coordinator and linebacker coach. 
The Board of Trustees committee met Tuesday afternoon to discuss football coordinators and assistant coaches’ contracts. 
“I am excited and energized by this deserved opportunity for so many members of our staff in new roles,” Swinney said in a press release by Clemson Athletics. “But most of all, I’m happiest for our players. More than anybody, they know what this group of coaches is capable of, and our players’ excitement to see them in these roles has been amazing.”
These coaching changes come after former offensive coordinator Tony Elliott and defensive coordinator Brent Venables left Clemson to become head coaches at Virginia and Oklahoma, respectively. 
According to the committee, Streeter will make $925,000 annually, and the contract will expire on Jan. 31, 2025. Goodwin will make $850,000 annually, and his contract will expire on Jan. 31, 2025 as well.
“Offensively, there’s nobody more deserving than Brandon Streeter,” said Swinney. 
Goodwin previously served as defensive assistant, and Streeter previously served as Clemson’s passing game coordinator. 
Filling the open passing game coordinator position will be Kyle Richardson who was formerly director of high school relations and a special assistant to the offense.  
Swinney also promoted Mike Reed to be the team’s new special team’s coordinator. Reed was formerly the cornerbacks’ coach. 
“Coach Swinney is a visionary leader in all aspects of his football program, and especially in his staffing strategy,” said acting athletic director Graham Neff.
“Clemson Athletics’ finances are strong, both operationally and with reserves. As we all know, Clemson Football serves as our economic engine for the athletics department, and we’re excited to continue to invest in all aspects of that.”
Fans will have the opportunity to see these new coordinators and coaches in action when Clemson plays Iowa State in the Cheez-It Bowl on Dec. 29 at 5:45 P.M.