Two former Clemson football players among three men accused of armed robbery

UPDATE (3/29/18 10:30 p.m.): The three men have each been released on bond. 

UPDATE (3/29/18 11 a.m.): The three men appeared in court early Thursday morning. Bond was set at $25,000 each, court records show. Conditions of the bond include no contact with the victim, GPS monitoring and to not leave South Carolina, the Greenville News reported. They have each been transported to the Pickens County Detention Center, records show.

Original Story

The Clemson City Police Department has arrested three men in connection to an armed robbery on Wednesday.

Authorities say they received a call around 4 p.m. from a victim saying they’d been robbed at gunpoint on Sloan Street.

The three men are accused of forcing their way inside the victim’s home after they knocked on the door and the victim answered.

Once inside, the men allegedly took an undisclosed amount of cash and the victim’s cell phone. Police say the suspects then took off in the direction of the downtown parking deck. Investigators were able to determine what type of vehicle was used and identified the three men.

Charlie Bernard Fuller, Quaven Maurice Ferguson and Jadar Kentrell Johnson were charged with armed robbery and possession of a weapon during commission of a crime.

Fuller is a former running back for Clemson. The university announced he was transferring earlier this year.

Ferguson is a former defensive tackle for the Duke University football team, according to the Duke Athletics website.
Johnson is a former Clemson safety.

Police say all three men were arrested without incident. They are currently being held at the Clemson City Jail awaiting a bond hearing.

This is not a court of law. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty.