Tigers of the valley: Jordan Childs

Photo contributed by Jordan Childs

Crocs. A meme to many, but a collection to freshman biological sciences major Jordan Cameron Childs.
“If you know me, you know that I love Crocs,” he said. “It’s gotten pretty bad.”
He began his collection senior year of high school, and he is up to 13 pairs total with almost every color of the rainbow, including but not limited to camouflage, gray, red, pink and blue.
Love for Crocs aside, there are two things that are guaranteed to make him laugh: funny cat videos and his little sister.
“My little sister always makes me laugh when we play Super Smash Bros because she thinks she can always win with Kirby,” he said.
Childs has never been on a plane before, but that does not stop his desire to skydive.
“I’ve never been on a plane before, and I think that’s a good way to just start,” he said.
In his time at Clemson, Childs’ favorite memory is this past football season.
“Especially standing in the rain when it was pouring … at Georgia Tech,” he said. “That was fun.”
Childs is also involved in many different organizations across campus. He is a Peer Dialogue Facilitator and a member of the Black Student Union.
“I am a Peer Dialogue Facilitator because I believe that Clemson University should be an informed, empathetic and compassionate student body, constantly looking out for our fellow tigers, mentally, physically and academically,” Childs said. “I just want to see the United States become a more cohesive nation as one people … stop being so divided over small trivial things and look at the grand scope of what life is.”
Most of Childs’ days are spent either in the library or at Fike. At the library, he is often found in the sixth floor Starbucks with a black coffee with a shot of espresso and a biology book. When not studying biology, he is usually working out in Fike.
Childs’ future plans include medical school in a big city where he wants to study to be a trauma surgeon, something that has always intrigued him.
“I’ve always been fascinated by people who have been taken from such a dire situation like a car accident where they’re barely alive, and they’re rehabilitated to full function again,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to do that.”
He lives his life by the following advice: “Bad things happen, and you just have to roll with the flow.”