Beer continues hot streak, helps Tigers to a series sweep of Boston College

The Clemson Tigers completed a series sweep of the Boston College Eagles with a 8-3 victory on Sunday behind another star performance from Seth Beer and a good day for the bullpen.
The Tigers jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the first inning after a sac-fly RBI from Beer and a double from Chris Williams to score Logan Davidson and Patrick Cromwell respectively. Despite the quick offensive start, Clemson did leave the bases loaded in the first, and gave Boston College a chance to come back.
Clemson starter Jake Higginbotham didn’t have his best stuff, and the Eagles lit him up three runs, two earned, on four hits and two walks in 3.0 innings pitched. Boston College took a 3-2 lead in the third inning on a RBI single from Dante Baldelli.
Mat Clark entered the game in relief of Higginbotham and pitched 1.0 innings of clean baseball. On the final out of the inning, Clark was hit by a ball coming back up the middle and was forced to exit the game in favor of Travis Marr.
Marr pitched 3.1 innings of one-hit baseball. In addition to the hit, he walked one batter and struck out two en route to earning his third win of the year.
Ryley Gilliam game in to close the game out for the Tigers, including a huge strikeout with the bases loaded in the eighth inning. He earned his fourth save pitching 1.1 innings and giving up no runs and no hits. He did walk two batters with two outs in the ninth, but he got the next batter to fly out to end the game. 
In the bottom of the fifth, Jordan Greene led things off with a walk. He later came around to score on a Davidson double and error on the right fielder to tie the game back up at 3-3. Davidson then came around to score on yet another passed ball to allow the Tigers to reclaim the lead. Beer added to the lead with a solo homerun to right-center.
In the three-game series against the Eagles, Beer went 5-10 with seven RBIs and five runs scored. He also walked three times. Beer has also raised his batting average .53 points in four games. He was bating .232 after the Tigers’ final game against Louisville last Sunday, and is batting a crisp .284 after the series finale against the Eagles.
Greene added to Clemson’s lead in the seventh inning with a solo homerun to left. It was only Greene’s second career homerun, but it gave the Tigers a 6-3 lead.
Bryce Teodosio, who has been benched for the past several games in favor of a Robert Jolly/Drew Wharton combo in the outfield, added to the Tiger lead with a two-run double in the eighth inning. Prior to that hit, Teodosio was 1-10 in the previous six games.
Clemson will be back in action Tuesday for a midweek showdown with Coastal Carolina at Doug Kingsmore Stadium at 6:30 p.m.