The Clemson Sports Notebook: Week of April 22-29

Welcome to the last Sports Notebook for the spring semester! Let’s get you caught up on what will be going on this week. NOTE: Sunday’s men’s golf and women’s tennis results will NOT be reflected in this article. 
BASEBALL
Recap: Clemson swept Wake Forest in Winston-Salem over the weekend, but dropped their midweek game against Georgia. Brooks Crawford pitched incredibly well in the 4-3 win on Saturday over the Demon Deacons. He pitched seven innings giving up three runs on five hits with five strikeouts an zero walks. 
Coming up: Clemson will host Kennesaw State on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. before a Wednesday matchup against Presbyterian at 6:30 p.m. Both games will be played at Doug Kingsmore Stadium. The Tigers will hit the road to Charlottesville, Virginia to play the Virginia Cavaliers beginning Friday at 6 p.m.
VOLLEYBALL
The Tiger noted that volleyball was playing Appalachian State last week. This was incorrect and The Tiger apologizes for the error.
Recap: Clemson defeated Wofford 2-1 on Saturday and after a 45-minute rest  they fell to South Carolina 2-1 in the best of three sets.
Coming up: Clemson will begin preparations for the fall season, and when the team returns for official fall practice. 
ROWING
Recap: The rowing team competed in the Clemson Invitational on April 14. Katie Herbolsheimer led her team to a first-place finish time of 7:17.64.
Coming up: Clemson will host the ACC Championships on Lake Hartwell on May 13.
GOLF
Recap: Clemson finished third on Friday and trailed by three shots following the first round of the ACC Tournament. On Saturday, Doc Redman and Turk Pettit led Clemson to a score of 280 and tied for second following two rounds. Clemson trailed six shots following Saturday’s round.
Coming up: Clemson will compete in the NCAA Regional Championship beginning on May 14.
WOMEN’S TENNIS
Recap: Senior Daniela Ruiz came up big again in Charlottesville. Clemson upset Virginia in a 4-3 comeback win on Friday in a huge ACC win for the Tiger women. Ruiz broke a 6-6 tie by winning the tiebreaker in dominant fashion, 7-4.
Coming up: Clemson will begin ACC Championship play on Wednesday, April 25.