Clemson’s Brooks Center to reopen on April 27 following bat removal

It looks like the Brooks Center’s time as a bat cave has come to an end. 
The Brooks Center theaters will reopen on April 27, more than two weeks ahead of schedule, now that the bat colony that had taken up residence within the building is gone. 
The Brooks and Bellamy theaters were closed last month after bats were spotted above the stage during the Houston Ballet II performance on March 26. A bat colony was later discovered roosting in a wall that separates the Brooks Theater from the lobby, according to university officials. 
The Brooks Center worked with wildlife experts to make sure that the bats, which are protected under federal law, were humanely removed. 
University officials say that at several points where the theater wall meets the roof, a special mesh sock was installed that allowed the bats to escape the building but not reenter. Bats collected by the mesh were released back into the wild.  
No live bats have been seen in the Brooks Center since April 3, according to officials. Once all the bats were gone, the wall was opened and the affected area was sanitized and treated with antifungal agents. 
As a result of the Brooks Center closure, numerous performances were moved to alternate venues on campus, in the city of Clemson and in the city of Central. Some ended up being cancelled. An updated scheduled of Brooks Center events is below:
Clemson Players: “The Diviners” 
April 16-21 at 7:30 p.m. in the Brooks Center courtyard
The 3 p.m. matinee on April 22 has been cancelled. 
CU Symphonic Band and CU Concert Band
April 17 at 7:30 p.m. at the Owen Pavilion at the Madren Conference Center
CU Singers and Cantorei 
April 20 at 7:30 p.m. at Fort Hill Presbyterian Church
CU Symphony Orchestra Concert
April 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Newton Hobson Chapel and Fine Arts Center at Southern Wesleyan University
CU Percussion Ensemble and CU Steel Band 
April 27 at 7:30 p.m. at the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts
Season Reveal Party
May 4 at 7:30 p.m. at the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts
Clemson University Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
May 10 at 7 p.m. at the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts
The following Tri-ART performances at the Brooks Center have been cancelled: CU Percussion Ensemble and CU Steel Band on April 25 and “Clementine” on May 7.