The Clemson Sports Notebook: Week of April 9-15

Welcome to a special edition of the Sports Notebook! This weekend is going to be a very busy one on campus as Clemson hosts its annual Spring Weekend. Here are all the details of what will be going on. 

FOOTBALL 

The Orange and White Spring Game is on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. inside Death Valley. The game will be televised by ESPN and admission is free. Everyone will be interested to see how the four quarterbacks and some of the young freshmen perform. 

The game will wrap up the fifteen spring practices for Clemson and will have to fill fans’ football fix until fall camp begins in August. Parking lots will open at 8 a.m., gates to the stadium will open at 11 a.m. and Tiger Walk will be at Lot 5 at 1 p.m. 

BASEBALL 

Following a weekend series on the road against Notre Dame, which was delayed due to wind chill, Clemson returns to Doug Kingsmore Stadium. This weekend, the Miami Hurricanes will head up to Clemson to begin a 3-game series on Friday at 6:30 p.m. There will also be a game on Saturday at 5 p.m. On Sunday, the Tigers will host Game 3 against the Canes at 1 p.m.

VOLLEYBALL  

Clemson will continue the spring schedule on Friday against Georgia State at 5 p.m. in Jervey. The Tigers participated in the Georgia Tech Invitational on March 31.

GOLF 

After playing in the Irish Creek Invitational in Kannapolis, North Carolina, the men will host the Clemson Invitational that will last all day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Cliffs at Keowee Falls in Sunset, S.C.

ROWING

After participating in the Sunshine State Invite in Sarasota, F.L., the rowing team will host the Clemson Invitational on Lake Hartwell that will last all day on Saturday and Sunday. 

WOMEN’S TENNIS 

Following Sunday’s contest against Duke in Durham, North Carolina, Clemson will host Louisville on Friday at noon before hosting North Carolina on Sunday at noon. Both games will be at the Anderson Tennis Facility on the campus of Anderson University, temporary home during renovations to the university’s own courts.

WOMEN’S SOCCER

Head coach Eddie Radwanski and the women will host two matches – both on Saturday beginning 11 a.m. against the College of Charleston and then at 2:15 p.m. against Georgia State.