What you need to know about Clemson’s 2018 commencement ceremonies

Graduating from Clemson this week? Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about commencement.

When is my commencement ceremony?

Which college you’re in will determine which commencement ceremony you’ll be a part of.

For graduates of the College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences, commencement will be at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 10.

For graduates of the colleges of Business and Education, commencement will be at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 10.

The 9:30 a.m. commencement ceremony on Friday, May 11 will be for graduates of the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences and College of Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences.

The 2:30 p.m. commencement ceremony on Friday, May 11 will be for graduates of the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities and College of Science.

Ph.D. graduates will be honored at a separate ceremony. The Doctoral Hooding Ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 10 at 7 p.m. in the Brooks Center.

Note: Students participating in commencement must attend the ceremony for their major college. No exceptions will be made.

Are there tickets for commencement?

No. Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

How do I get to campus? And where do I park?

With friends and families in town for graduation, there will be more people than usual on the roads on May 10 and 11. Make sure to allow for extra time to travel to campus and find parking, and keep in mind that Highway 93 has been narrowed to two lanes from Cherry Road to Calhoun Drive due to construction.

University officials are encouraging those traveling from Greenville, Central, Pendleton or other points east to use Perimeter Road from U.S. 76 (Clemson Boulevard).
Police officers will be directing traffic to help visitors get to Littlejohn.
Parking will be available in the lots near Littlejohn.

For those with handicap placards, parking will be available in the lot to the north of the coliseum.

There will not be reserved parking for faculty.

Where should I enter the coliseum?

Graduates should enter Littlejohn at the VIP Club Level Entrance (located off of the Avenue of Champions).
Students participating in the 9:30 a.m. ceremonies should arrive at Littlejohn to pick up their line-of-march card between 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. Line up for the processional will begin at 8:30 a.m.; staff will be on hand to assist.
Students participating in the 2:30 p.m. ceremonies should arrive at Littlejohn to pick up their line-of-march card between 12:30 – 1:15 p.m. Line up for the processional will begin at 1:30 p.m., and staff will be available to assist.

University officials are asking graduates to remain in the graduate staging area once they have picked up their line-of-march card.

Guests may enter through any regular entrance to the venue.
Make sure to allow extra time to enter Littlejohn as security teams will search bags at the entrances. Large bags and backpacks may be turned away.
My friends and family can’t make it to graduation. Can they watch online?
Yes. A livestream of the ceremonies will be available at www.clemson.edu/tv/live.

Will handicap seating and parking be available?
Yes. For individuals in wheelchairs or with limited mobility, seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis around the concourse. Only one individual may accompany guests seated in these designated areas.

Who are the commencement speakers?

U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley will address graduates at Thursday’s 2:30 p.m. ceremony. Haley graduated from Clemson in 1994 and is a former governor of South Carolina.

U.S. Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) will address graduates at the Friday ceremonies.

Additional information about spring commencement can be found here.