Clemson defeats Dallas Baptist 9-1 in game two

Allison Daniel

Box score of Clemson’s 9-1 victory over Dallas Baptist in game two.

Clemson’s offense roared to life again against Dallas Baptist on Saturday. The Tigers amassed nine runs on seven hits in the nine inning game.
Much like in the first game, Clemson jumped on starting pitcher Jordan Martinson early in the game.
In the second inning, Chris Williams got things going with a leadoff walk, followed by a single from Robert Jolly. Then, for the second time in two days, Drew Wharton hit a homerun to left, giving Clemson a 3-0 lead.
Just one batter later, freshman Bryce Teodosio hit a solo shot to left to add to the lead and make it a 4-0 ballgame.
The Tiger offense continued to pounce in the fourth inning when Jolly hit an RBI single to right field to score Seth Beer.
That was enough to chase Martinson from the game. He pitched 2.1 innings and gave up seven runs on four hits. He walked three and struck out three.
MacGregor Hines came in and promptly gave up another three-run shot to Wharton, who had a career high six RBIs. That gave Clemson an 8-0 lead in the third inning.
The Tigers didn’t score again until the seventh inning, when Logan Davidson hit an RBI single to score Kyle Wilkie and give Clemson a 9-1 lead.
For Clemson, Brooks Crawford made his second start of the season and pitched five innings of shutout baseball. He gave up only three hits, all of them in the first two innings, and struck out five while not walking any.
Spencer Strider, in his second career appearance for the Tigers, gave up the first run on the day. He walked two batters and gave up a hit to load the bases with one out, then Jameson Hannah hit a sac-fly to center.
Strider finished the day pitching 3.0 innings and giving up one run on two hits. He walked three and struck out four.
The series finale will start at approximately 5 p.m. as part two of the doubleheader.