Clemson sweeps Dallas Baptist with 3-2 victory

Allison Daniel

Box score from Clemson’s 3-2 win over Dallas Baptist.

Clemson swept its second consecutive series with a 3-2 victory over Dallas Baptist Saturday. The game was the second half of a doubleheader.
“I give our guys a lot of credit for staying focus and competing as hard as they did for 18 innings against a great Dallas Baptist club,” Head Coach Monte Lee said.
Clemson struck early once again this series. In the first inning, Logan Davidson led things off with a single, and Seth Beer hit a rocket into the Cajun Cafe to give the Tigers the 2-0 lead.
The Patriots pulled a run back in the second inning when Jake Higginbotham gave up two quick hits to start things off. Jimmy Glowenke hit an RBI single to score one run, but Higginbotham was able to stop the Patriots from doing more damage.
From that point, a pitchers’ duel ensued. Over the next seven innings, the teams combined for just two runs on eight hits and six walks.
The Tigers also stranded six runners over the course of the game.
Clemson’s Higginbotham pitched 7.0 innings and gave up one run, which was unearned, on five hits. He also struck out seven and didn’t walk any.
Ryley Gilliam came in and closed the game for the Tigers, but only after making things interested. Gilliam loaded the bases with just one out and walked in a run to make it just a one run game. He struck out Glowenke to end the game and secure the sweep.
“We go the sweep, which is always fun … you don’t get too many opportunities to sweep an opponent,” Lee said.
The Tigers are back in action Tuesday against Winthrop at 4 p.m.