Former Clemson running back CJ Fuller passes away at 22 years old

Clemson was struck with tragic news this past week. That news happened to be about former Clemson running back, C.J. Fuller, who passed away at the age of 22 from complications from a seizure on October 3rd.

During his time at Clemson, Fuller rushed the ball 147 times for 599 yards, had 18 catches for 155 yards, and had six touchdowns. He scored the first touchdown of the 2017 season in the home opener against Kent State. He was a key part of the 2016-17 National Championship team and was a three-time ACC Champion. He set up the game-winning drive in the National Championship with a momentous 20-yard kick return. Fuller also had a 30-yard touchdown reception in Clemson’s 31-0 win over Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.  

Fuller was a local high school standout at Easley High School, where he rushed for over 3,300 yards and totaled 27 touchdowns. The Green Wave football team memorized Fuller on Friday night when the captains brought his #24 jersey to the coin toss before their game against T.L. Hanna.

Fuller sat out this season as he was in the process of transferring for his final year of eligibility. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, coaches, and teammates.