The Clemson Sports Notebook: Week of Oct. 15-21

FOOTBALL

What has happened: Clemson was off this past weekend. The Tigers currently sit at 6-0 following a 63-3 win over Wake Forest.
Coming up: Clemson will host NC State in Death Valley on Homecoming on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

VOLLEYBALL

What has happened: Clemson fell to Duke on Friday night in 3 sets but Brooke Bailey led the Tigers for the third straight game with 12 kills. Alyssa Deloney was second in kills with 6 in the losing effort. Clemson also dropped their match to Wake Forest on Sunday in 3 sets. Bailey set a career high in kills with 18.

Clemson’s record currently sits at 10-11 overall and 1-7 in ACC play.

Coming up: Clemson will head to the Sunshine State this week for two games, the first against Miami on Friday at 7 p.m., before heading to Tallahassee to take on Florida State on Sunday at 1 p.m.

MEN’S SOCCER

What has happened: Mike Noonan’s team dropped their second straight contest at home against Virginia, 4-1. Tanner Dieterich scored the only goal for the Tigers on the evening.
Clemson’s record currently stands at 5-6-1 overall and 0-5 in ACC play.

Coming up: Clemson will host the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers on Tuesday at 7 p.m. before heading to Louisville on Saturday at 7 p.m.

WOMEN’S SOCCER

What has happened: Clemson fell to the No. 11 ranked Duke Blue Devils by a score of 3-2 on Saturday. Mariana Speckmaier scored the first goal for the Tigers in the opening minutes of the game while Miranda Weslake scored the final goal in the 66th minute.
Clemson’s record stands at 9-6 overall and 4-3 in ACC play.
Coming up: Clemson will face Wake Forest on Thursday on the road in Winston-Salem at 7 p.m. before heading to Blacksburg, Va. to face Virginia Tech on Sunday. 

BASEBALL

What has happened: Monte Lee and the Clemson baseball team kicked off their first of two fall scrimmages on Saturday, defeating Georgia Southern 8-3 in North Augusta in 10 innings. Davis Sharpe and Logan Davidson had two extra base hits to lead the Tigers.

Coming up: Clemson will host Coastal Carolina in their final fall scrimmage on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 1 p.m. at Doug Kingsmore Stadium. The 2019 season will kick off with a 3-game series against South Alabama on Friday, February 15.