The Clemson Sports Notebook: Week of Oct. 1-6

FOOTBALL

What has happened: Clemson survived a scare from the Syracuse Orange on Saturday, winning 27-23 as Chase Brice led the offense on a 94-yard drive, capped off by a 2-yard Travis Etienne run to secure the win. Freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence left the game in the 2nd quarter with concussion like symptoms and it’s not clear when he might return.

The Tigers remain undefeated at 5-0 and 2-0 in ACC play.

Coming up: Clemson will head to Winston-Salem on Saturday to face Wake Forest. Kickoff is at 3:30 p.m.

VOLLEYBALL

What has happened: Clemson’s struggles in ACC play continued as the Tigers fell in 3 sets to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Friday, followed by a loss in 5 sets to Louisville on Sunday
The losses drops Clemson to 9-8 overall and 0-4 in ACC play.

Coming up: Clemson will hit the road looking for their first ACC win of the season against Georgia Tech on Wednesday at 7 p.m. before facing Virginia Tech on Sunday at 1 p.m.

MEN’S SOCCER

What has happened: Clemson lost to the North Carolina 2-0 on Friday in their only game last week as Giovanni Montesdeoca scored the two goals for the Tar Heels.

The loss drops Clemson to 4-4-1 overall and 0-3 in ACC play.

Coming up: Clemson will host the College of Charleston on at Riggs Field at 7 p.m Tuesday. The Tigers will look for their first ACC win of the season on the road against Pitt at 7 p.m. on Friday.

WOMEN’S SOCCER

What has happened: Clemson fell to Boston College 2-1 on Sunday. The Eagles came into the game ranked number 11 nationally  Sandy MacIver scored the only goal for the Tigers in the 83rd minute.

Clemson sits at 7-5 overall and 2-2 in ACC play.

Coming up: Clemson will hit the road to face Florida State on Thursday at 7 p.m.

CROSS COUNTRY

What has happened: Clemson traveled to South Bend, Indiana to compete in the Joe Piane Invitational this past weekend. The women finished 10th overall in the women’s blue division 5k with an average time of 17:49. Logan Morris finished 8th overall in the race. Clemson finished 7th in the gold division 5 mile race with an average time of 25:28. Cole Griffith finished 12th in the race.
Coming up: Clemson will travel to Madison, Wisconsin to compete in Pre-Nationals on Saturday, October 13th.