Part of Clemson’s Highway 93 is about to close completely. Here’s why.

Courtesy of Clemson University Facilities

Beginning July 14, Highway 93 will be closed completely between Cherry Road and Sherman Street. 

Highway 93 is about to close completely, but don’t fret — it’ll only be for a week.
Beginning Saturday, July 14 at 5 a.m., the section of Highway 93 located between Cherry Road and Sherman Street will be completely closed. It will remain this way until July 22, according to Clemson University officials.
During this time, a one lane road will stay open between Sherman Street and College Avenue. Officials say that flaggers will be present 24 hours a day to allow construction and residential traffic access to Sherman Street from College Avenue. No thru-traffic will be allowed.
This closure is part of continued construction along Highway 93 to upgrade the university’s electrical infrastructure and chilled water lines. 
The Tiger will post updates about road closures on its website and social media channels as they are received.
Updates will also be posted on the Clemson University Facilities blog
Information regarding CATbus detours can be found on the CATbus Facebook page and Twitter.