Clemson’s Brooks Center hosts Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox

Grab your saddle shoes and throw on your favorite bowler hat; Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox is coming to Clemson.
Renowned on YouTube for taking a beloved and modern song and performing it in a seemingly random vintage fashion, Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox does what most would consider impossible: it finds the perfect balance between the past and the present.
“I don’t know of another ensemble that does what they do,” Managing Center for the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts Thomas Hudgins said.
The Brooks Center is far from the first place to host this unique show, as the band has performed on “Good Morning America,” topped music charts and received quite the following on YouTube. What makes their performance at Clemson just a little more special is that you are unlikely to find the same show at any other venue. The songs change, the style they use changes and even the singers and performers are switched out and rotated.
“[It’s like] pop music in a time machine,” Scott Bradlee, the creator, said.
Jamming like Jay Gatsby to a Beyoncé hit or styling like a Motown artist to Bruno Mars will make your night memorable, and the performance will be sure to leave an impression unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. It’s the perfect show for people who like modern songs, old songs or both! So take a break from studying, gather some friends and take a few steps back into yesteryear.
“It’s a great way to kick off the fall semester,” Hudgins said.
The concert will be on Thursday, Sept. 6 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Brooks Center. Tickets are $20 for students, and they can be purchased online, by phone or at the Brooks Center Box Office. Tickets are going fast, but the link and phone number below can be used to get some!
What better way to enjoy a concert that blasts you to the past than by wearing some old fashioned clothing? Wear your favorite classy vintage clothing, whether it be a vest or a pocket watch, and get ready to jam out in style.
Online Tickets: https://www.clemson.edu/centers-institutes/brooks/events/event.html?eventid=1293163
Phone Tickets: 864-656-7787
Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottBradleeLovesYa