Dear Clem,

Dear Clem,
What’s an easy way to bond with your roommates?
Sincerely, Oliver
Dear Oliver,
I want to start off by saying that it’s completely normal to have some sort of anxiety or fear about not getting along with your roommates. Meeting someone for the first time and being told you are going to share a room with them for a whole school year can be pretty intense.
My first and probably most important suggestion would be to create an open dialogue between both parties. You are probably not the only one feeling a little antsy, so try to break the ice a bit.
Most freshman students at Clemson are rooming with complete strangers. Your roommate might like heavy rock music, and you totally have a miniature Taylor Swift poster hidden in your closet. But that’s okay! College is the time to be open minded. Get to know your roommate’s interests, and you might be amazed by how much common ground you might share.
Get active! Clemson is home to over 500+ clubs and activities. From working out at Fike to joining the I heart ceramics club, there’s countless ways to not only stay involved, but to grow closer with the others in your dorm.
Dear Clem,
What are some fun things to do around Clemson?
Sincerely, Sarah
Dear Sarah,
From academic classes to social events around campus, there is never a dull moment at Clemson. Whether you are into sports or the performing arts, there’s something for everyone.
With so many options, it’s easy to miss out. In order to catch most of the events happening around campus, check the TigerQuest website. TigerQuest is an official Clemson platform where you can join existing clubs or groups and find events around campus daily.
One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is tour the Botanical Gardens; it’s perfect for a quick getaway or even a first date. The campus is full of hidden treasures and things to do no matter the time.
After a long day full of adventure, another of my favorite activities around campus is to explore different local culinary experiences. Whether you are a coffee guru or a sandwich snob, there are so many places to enjoy all kinds of food.
College is what you make of it. Get out and get active, and don’t be afraid to create your own fun!