Clemson game day essentials

Saturdays are always an exciting time in Death Valley, but it is important to be prepared for anything that can happen on game day. In general, being prepared for anything life throws at you is important. Since this is an all day affair, there are a few things you should keep on you at all times to ensure you have not only a great game day, but a safe one as well.

Your phone. Although this may seem obvious, a phone is key to having a great game day. It is important to have something to get that perfect pic, but also to be in communication with your friends at all times in case something happens. Also, keep an extra battery bank close by! 

Another tip: If your phone’s battery is faulty or you forgot a battery pack, write a friend’s number on a piece of paper and keep it in your phone case or write it on the back of your hand, in case you get separated.  

Money. Another obvious one, but you do not want to get stuck somewhere or be hungry and thirsty with no money!

Water!!!!!! This is so important! Clemson’s weather is typically very hot. This being said, staying hydrated is key to your health and safety on any game day. Always keep a water bottle with you, but keep in mind that no outside food or beverage is allowed in Memorial Stadium. If you start feeling dehydrated have an emergency during the game, find one of the first aid stations around the stadium! 

Ticket and CUID. Once again, this should be another obvious essential, but always double check that you have both your ticket and CUID before leaving for the game from your dorm or apartment.  

Spirit!!! School spirit is the most essential thing you could possibly bring to any Clemson football game. Head to football games excited and ready to cheer on the Tigers! 

Always remember the regulations on bags for game day. Bags are not recommended, but any clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that are 12” x 6” x 12” are permitted. Other regulations for bags can be found here https://bit.ly/2Mre5Yi.