Letter from the editor

Hi Tigers,

What a year this has been so far. As I sit in the newsroom, writing this letter, it’s chilling how much of an impact The Tiger has had on me. With this spring being my last semester at The Tiger and at Clemson, I can only hope that you were impacted as well. 

But now, as we approach the end of January, it is time for you to make

an impact.

Next week, CUSG will begin their presidential and senatorial elections for the 2018-2019 school year. This year, if any, students should be privy and understanding to the bearing that these elections have on both themselves and Clemson University as a whole. From funding board, to bills and resolutions and beyond, CUSG has had an effect on our Tigers’ lives (whether you realize it or not). As such, I implore every single Tiger to pay attention this year.

“What does that

consist of?”

For every person, that may be different, but here are a few things that I would suggest students to do: 

•Go to interest meetings: Presidential campaigns and senatorial nominees typically have interest meetings where they discuss their platforms. I encourage you to attend these meetings to get a better understanding of who these people are.

•Ask tough questions: Many of these candidates’ platforms center around making Clemson the best that it can be. Making sure to discuss and ask questions about those ideas so that each campaign has the best policies it can have.

•Follow social media: Each campaign typically has their own pages, websites, etc. Here, you can find further information to

find them. 

In all of those instances, it is of the utmost importance for you to be as engaged as possible. Speak to current senators and other members of CUSG and make sure to ask for what will make Clemson a better place. Stick to The Tiger for updates, ad remember: CUSG’s slogan is “We see you. We hear you. We are fighting for you.” Make sure you elect representatives that

reflect that.

Go Tigers,

Saavon Smalls

Editor-in-Chief of The Tiger