Tips for rushing a Clemson sorority: College Panhellenic Council edition

KATIE TRESSLER // Staff
    sorority file photo 2

Now that you have decided to rush, you may have a few more questions about rush week. Luckily, The Tiger has got your back and has come up with a few tips to help you out!
    1. Wear comfortable shoes
    While you are going to want to dress to impress, you should also realize that you will be running back and forth all day in order to meet with different sororities. You don’t want to get a blister in the first five minutes and have to limp around in pain. Throw aside the heels and grab a pair of comfortable flip flops or sandals!
    2. Don’t get stuck in the past
    When talking to the girls in each sorority, try not to focus solely on the good ol’ days of high school the whole time. You’re in college now, and while it’s OK to talk about your time in high school, don’t let it be the only thing you talk about. If you can’t find anything to talk about try to ask them questions and engage in the conversation! It will show them you are excited for a future at Clemson!
    3. Come in with an open mind
    You will hear this a lot and think it will be easy to do, but in reality we all walk into rush with at least an idea of the sororities we want to be a part of. Try to set aside all preconceptions and actually look at what sorority is best for you. It will make your week so much easier when you are trying for groups that are a good fit rather than what you think you need to be in.
    4. Show your own style, not a sorority cliché
    You will see this when you see hundreds of girls walking around campus wearing the exact same pearls, t-shirt, skirt and fancy sandal combo. If this is your style, then go for it! But also try to add some personal flair to your outfit. Not only will it make you stand out and be more memorable to the sororities, but it will also give them and others a sneak peek of who you really are!