Top 10 coolest Clemson classes

DAVID PEREZ // Photo Editor

Looking for some fun, interesting or easy classes to take during your time at Clemson? Here are some suggestions from The Tiger’s senior staff.
    1. LS 2270: Introduction to Swing Dance
    Have two left feet? Don’t worry — you’ll be able to dance the night away by the time you’re finished with this class. In addition, it’s a great way to make friends and get some exercise in. Plus, Paul (the instructor) is super cool.
    2. MUSC 3250: CU Carillonneurs
    Love hearing the bells chime while you’re on campus? Guess what — you can actually learn to play them yourself. This class will teach you how.
    3. STAT 2220: Statistics in Everyday Life
    Odds are you’ll need a statistics course during your time at Clemson. We recommend this one — the material is pretty easy (especially if you took statistics in high school). The course also counts as an STS requirement (and for some majors, it can double dip as your gen ed for math and STS).
    4. JUST 2880: The Criminal Justice System
    Obsessed with SVU, NCIS and every other police procedural that’s ever existed? Then this is the perfect course for you — it dives right into how the criminal justice system works.
    5. MUSC 3130: History of Rock and Roll
    After taking this class, you’ll totally kill it on Jeopardy’s rock music categories.
    6. BIOL 2000: Biology in the News
    Need a science credit but absolutely hate the subject? This class is perfect for you. Not only is it super easy, it also counts as an STS and/or natural science requirement.
    7. SOC 4600: Race and Ethnicity
    With the discussion of race in America ongoing, this eye opening course explores the way that race and society are intertwined. Bonus: Dr. Mannheimer raps (and he’s actually pretty good).
    8. HIST 4090: Kennedy Assassination and Watergate
    OK, so you have to be at least a junior to take this class, but it’s worth the wait. You’ll view Kennedy, Nixon and Cold War America in a whole new light by the end of the semester.
    9. PSYC 3060: Human Sexual Behavior
    For college students, sex is an unavoidable topic. This class dives right in and will teach you everything you need to know about it.
    10. Any class taught by Allen Swords
    Hands down, Swords is the best professor at Clemson. If you ever have the opportunity to take his class, then do it. You won’t regret it.