Helen’s Hugs: Equestrian Therapy

Helen’s Hugs is a non-profit charity that funds equestrian therapy lessons for special needs children. Started almost a decade ago in memory of Helen Corontzes, an accomplished rider and nursing student at Greenville Technical College, this incredible organization has funded thousands of equestrian therapy lessons for special needs children whose families may not have been able to afford them. The volunteers at Helen’s Hugs believe that “connecting a child to days filled with sunshine, smiles and horseback riding may well be the gateway to a changed life.” These lessons are taught nearby at Eden Farms in Marietta, SC. 
    Helen’s Hugs’ website (helenshugs.org) has information on equestrian therapy, a link to make donations, and a wonderful page where one can learn more about the charity and its namesake.
    Helen’s Hugs’ 10th Annual 5K Run/Walk is being held on April 10, 2016 at The Park at Valley Walk here in Clemson. Details about the race can be found at the link below:
    It costs only $25 to help support this fantastic cause. Register for the 5K below: