Tigers Outlast Georgia to Remain Undefeated in Midweek Games

Ashley Stout, Asst. Photo Editor

Coming off of a big series win over Pittsburgh, the No. 16 Tigers made the short drive to Athens on Tuesday night for a tough midweek matchup against the University of Georgia.

Pitching

Lefthander Alex Bostic, who is usually the team’s closer, got his first start of the season. He didn’t last too long though, running into some trouble early. Bostic soon found himself knocked out in the second inning after allowing the Dawgs two runs. 

After that rough start, it was pretty much bullpen by committee, as six other Tiger pitchers came in to slow down the Bulldog offense. 

Brooks Crawford was the first out of the gate, and threw 2.2 innings of two-run baseball, though neither were earned. Next up was Patrick Andrews, who allowed a few hits and one run over 1.3 innings of work. Alex Schnell and Ryley Gilliam threw .2 innings apiece, with Schnell allowing one run. Alex Eubanks made an appearance as well, though he was only brought in to get one batter out. ACC Co-Pitcher of the Week Pat Krall came in to finish out the game, allowing only one hit over his

1.2 innings

Offense

The offensive effort was powered by a number of Tigers as well. National hitter of the month Seth Beer continues to stay hot at the plate, extending his hitting streak to 25 games and making his 13th home run of the year. K.J. Bryant also furthered his hitting record, driving in a run on a single in the second inning. 

Chase Pinder, Chris Okey and Eli White all collected two base hits, and scored a combined four runs. Earning a job third-base last weekend, Jordan Greene has been playing well, continuing the trend by getting on base three times and scoring two runs. First baseman Chris Williams is starting to come into his own, and has been a completely different hitter over the past two weeks. Williams’ two-run homer in the seventh not only tied the game up, but gave the Tigers life and momentum going into the final two innings. 

The Tigers are now 22-7 overall as they head into a long stretch of ACC conference play, which starts this weekend in Durham, North Carolina, against Duke.