Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Dies at 79

Justice Scalia was serving his thirtieth year as a Supreme Court justice when he was found dead yesterday morning in the west Texas ranch in which he was staying. He has been known as the conservative linchpin of the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) for many years. Justice Scalia unapologetically held true to his ideals during his tenure in SCOTUS; he defended free speech multiple times, dissented from the majority in the vote on Obamacare (and publicly criticized the decision), and dissented from the 5-4 majority that recently legalized same-sex marriage in the United States. Prominent political figures had nothing but praise for Justice Scalia in his many years of service to the United States legal system, calling him an American hero. He is survived by nine children and 28 grandchildren. 
    While Justice Scalia himself was well-liked, the position of the one-member-short Supreme Court has seen the ignition of a heated debate about what should be done to replace Justice Scalia. Sen. Ted Cruz threatened to introduce articles of impeachment if President Obama nominates a replacement for Senate approval. Some of the arguments surrounding Justice Scalia’s replacement can be seen in the article below: