The Final Rose: Sports Edition

Courtesy of YahooPressebilder via Flickr

This Valentine’s Day, I surrounded myself with a box of chocolates, one too many Nicholas Sparks movies and Google images of some of sports’ most beautiful. Here’s the breakdown of who captured my heart this week:

My first rose this week is going to a not-so eligible bachelor: David Beckham. 

I know, obvious choice, but when you make a career of running up and down a field and modeling in your underwear, you’re bound to be awe-worthy. In addition to being easy on the eyes, Beckham also comes with the pedigree to deserve a rose, including a recent win of People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive. Victoria Beckham better watch her back, because this sleek stud sure has

my attention.

Next up, Matt Leinart, former quarterback of the Arizona Cardinals. He has a smile that lights up my world. 

Leinart has a dating history that includes several blondes such as Paris Hilton and Kristen Cavallari. With this being said, Leinart definitely has a type, and guess what — I’m his type. Leinart’s carefree facial hair screams adventure, so my date with Leinart would include rock climbing and yes, I would require him to go shirtless. Some may call this needy; I simply call it strategic.

Okay soccer fans, here’s another piece of cleat candy: Cristiano Ronaldo. 

Seriously, just say his name slowly and sweat will start to form. Ronaldo comes in at 174 pounds of foreign passion, taking his team to a FA cup victory in just his first year. I’m not much of a runner, but I’d chase this Portuguese prodigy down the field any day.

My final rose would go to the young, talented Jordan Speith. 

Speith’s impeccable talent on the putting green would surely translate into talent at the dinner table, so my date with Spieth would involve candles and a plate of spaghetti for two—“Lady and the Tramp” style. Spieth’s ambition and drive on and off the course gives him the one-up on these other players, making him my number one hole in one.

Hopefully all you single ladies can put a ring on it and land one of these sculpted fellas, but until then keep playing the field, or watching the field at least!