The Seasons Are Changing: Ten Returning Shows to Keep an Eye On

Courtesy of Wikimedia

“11.22.63” [Hulu]

This latest Hulu original series is based on a novel by Stephen King and stars James Franco as Jake Epping, a time-travelling high school English teacher who returns to the 1960s to prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy. New episodes are available every Monday.

“American Crime Story: The People vs. O.J. Simpson” [FX]

The latest anthology from Glee and American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy stars Cuba Gooding Jr. as retired NFL running back O.J. “The Juice” Simpson who faces trial for the alleged murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. New episodes air Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

“Better Call Saul” [AMC]

This “Breaking Bad” spinoff stars Bob Odenkirk as Jimmy McGill and follows his descent into Saul Goodman, the criminal lawyer who aided Walt and Jesse in the original series. Jonathan Banks also reprises his role as the fixer/enforcer Mike Erhmantraut. Catch new episodes Monday nights at 10 p.m.

“Billions” [Showtime]

The latest drama from the network that brought us “Dexter” features Paul Giamatti and “Homeland” star Damian Lewis, and examines the high-stakes financial war between a U.S. Attorney General (Giamatti) and a wealthy hedge fund manager (Lewis). New episodes can be seen every Sunday at 10 p.m.

“Broad City” [Comedy Central]

“Broad City” began as a web series starring Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson before it was discovered by Amy Poehler, who signed on as an executive producer and helped bring the show to Comedy Central.  Now in its third season, new episodes air Wednesdays at 10 p.m.

“Girls” [HBO]

This dramedy (I hate that word, sorry) was created by and stars Lena Dunham and is now in its fifth and penultimate season. Adam Driver also stars, but sadly doesn’t carry around that sweet lightsaber.  New episodes air on Sunday at 10 p.m. following HBO’s newest hit series “Vinyl.”

“Horace and Pete” [Web]

With his hit FX series seemingly on hold, Louis C.K. released this new web series, starring himself and Steve Buscemi as bar owners, on his website with no prior announcement.  New episodes are available for purchase every Saturday morning at louisck.net

“Love” [Netflix]

Netflix continues to add to their ridiculous collection of shows with this Judd Apatow romantic  comedy starring Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs. The entire first season is now available for streaming.

“Vinyl” [HBO]

After working together on “Boardwalk Empire,” Martin Scorsese and Terence Winter team up with Mick Jagger for this 1970s rock-and-roll drama starring “Boardwalk” standout Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra, a record executive working to keep the label afloat. Ray Romano, Olivia Wilde and Juno Temple play supporting roles. New episodes air every Sunday at 9 p.m.

“The Walking Dead” [AMC]

The biggest cable drama of all time recently returned for the second half of its sixth season. Rick’s group continues to struggle to survive in a world ravaged by bandits and zombies alike. New episodes air Sunday nights at 9 p.m.