Comedian Demetri Martin to come to Clemson

Courtesy of Wikimedia

On Nov. 11, Clemson will be learning the “Important Things.” That’s because comedian Demetri Martin will be on campus to perform stand-up.
Martin started his career in the 90s, after dropping out of law school to work in comedy. Martin then worked on “Late Night with Conan O’Brien” as a writer and later on as a performer on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.” Martin has a stand-up special on Netflix called “Live (At the Time).” He’s also been casted in “Contagion,” “The Rocker” and “Taking Woodstock,” along with being the voice of Ice Bear on Cartoon Network’s “We Bare Bears.”
Sponsored by TigerPaw Productions (TPP), the event will be ticketed and open to the Clemson students, alumni, faculty and public. According to a press release from TPP, “a student presale will be held in Hendrix Student Center and online at Ticketmaster.com on Oct. 4. Clemson University students may access a limited number of student discounts by using the first three characters of their ID (in all CAPS) followed by the last three digits of their CUID number. Tickets will open to the public at the same outlets on Oct. 5.”
The comedy show will be at 8 P.M. in the Memorial Auditorium at Tillman Hall.
Here’s some of Martin’s work and an interview with him and the “We Bare Bears” team below: